Monday 30 May 2011

Lesson Three ^^


Nani o tabemasu ka.

Hi there! I’m on diet now, another regime of diet. I started my diet on Feb 28, 2011 and suppose to end it end of this month. It is a two-month diet program, a low-carb diet. Up to now, I’ve lost 9.5 kg! Amazing isn’t it? Well, I’ll tell you more about my diet in my next entry. Now, because I’m on diet, I always feel hungry and all I can think about is  food, and eating. That’s why I came up with this topic today, Nani o tabemasu ka literally means “what do you eat?” or “what do you want to eat?”



Vocabulary
Asa gohan

Breakfast
Ban gohan

Dinner
Hiru gohan

Lunch
Ikaga desu ka

How about…
Jūsu

Juice drink
Kōhī

Coffee
Mada

Not yet
Maiasa

Every morning
Mainichi

Every day
Maiban

Every night
Mazui

Awful/tasteless
Miruku

Milk

Already
Nomimashita (past tense)

Drink
Nomimasu (present tense)

Drink (verb)
Nomimono

Drink (noun)
Ocha

Tea
Oishii/umai

Delicious
Pan

Bread
Ryōri

Food/cooking
Sushi

Sushi
Sandoitchi
Sandwich
Tabemashita (past tense)

Eat
Tabemasu (present tense)

Eat
Tabemono

Food (in general)
Tabemasen ka.

Won’t you like to eat?

Dialogue 1

A: Mō asa gohan o tabemashita ka. Have you eaten your breakfast?
B: Iie, mada desu. No, not yet.
A: Ja, issho ni tabemasen ka. Well, let’s eat together.
B: Ii desu ne. That’s a good idea.
     Nani o tabemashō ka. What are we going to eat?
A: Sandoitchi wa ikaga desu ka. How about sandwiches?
A: Ii desu ne. Ikimashō. That’s good. Let’s go.




Dialogue 2

A: Maiasa nani o tabemasu ka. What do you eat every morning?
B: Pan o tabemasu. (I) eat bread.
A: Nani o nomimasu ka. What do you drink?
B: Miruku to kōhī o nomimasu. (I) drink milk and coffee.



Questions and answers

  1. Nani o tabemasu ka. What would you like to eat?
àSushi o tabemasu. I’d like to eat sushi.

  1. Nani o nomimasu ka. What would you like to drink?
àOcha o nomimasu. I’d like to drink tea.

  1. Ryōri wa dō desu ka. How’s the food?
àOishii desu. Delicious.

  1. Ryōri wa oishii desu ka. Is the food delicious?
àHai, oishii desu. Yes, it’s delicious /  Iie, mazui desu. No, it’s awful.



Ok see you soon!

Sensei in The House.

3 comments: